Cornelis Serveert guides projects in which we unite stakeholders regarding complex issues. To lead such a project along the right tracks, we combine the following areas of expertise.
1: THE MODULAR CORNELIS METHOD
We work using our own modular method, which we have carefully developed over the years, and will continue to develop. We eagerly draw on design methods like Co-creation, Scenario thinking, and Design thinking. However, especially our accumulated experience and intuition lead the way.
Modular means: for each project we combine the most appropriate approaches. Their largest common denominator is that they stimulate involvement, boundless thinking and open dialogue. Creativity is our greatest weapon.
We are specialised in analogue methods and never use more technology than strictly necessary. Especially in the current digital age, analogue methods provide a mental breather and renewed inspiration.*
* Meeting in person is currently impossible. However, our analogue methods will still find their way to your (home) office. Before the start of our digital meeting, you can expect an envelope in your letter box, containing everything you need to get started with us.
2: WE ORGANISE MEETINGS WITH SMART SCENARIOS
- We feel confident calling ourselves seasoned event managers. Seminars, brainstorms, administrative meetings, interactive formats, our team is experienced with them all, and takes care of all practical requirements.
- We want to get more out of the meetings than just basic tabletop conversations and keynotes. Our experienced process consultants combine working methods creating smart scenarios in order to allow participants to really find each other, open up issues, and to allow for the collecting of knowledge in an effective manner.
- Knowing the practical aspects of how to organise a meeting is one thing, paying attention to a positive participation experience is another. We highly value a balanced makeup of the group and a space for conversation that is safe for everyone. This way every voice is heard equally.
3: WE DIRECT THE CONVERSATIONS
- Our team is rich in senior discussion leaders, each with their own skills and qualities. They all possess the skill to lead the discussion in a sympathetic yet kind manner.
- A balanced group is necessary to have this exchange at an equal level, as is the choice of conversation leader. We take pride in putting the right discussion leader in the right place: someone who is well informed, knows the sensitivities, and speaks the right language.
- We direct, meaning: we are continuously listening and analyzing, so we can immediately launch into follow up questions or encourage taking action. We are not scared of playing devil’s advocate if it benefits the outcome of the discussion. We keep an overview, set up timelines, and highlight priorities. We also provide rounds of feedback, in which we clearly determine who contributes when.
4: WE GATHER TOOLS FOR TAKING THE NEXT STEP
- To embed the collected knowledge in the foundations of the following trajectory, we gather the most important insights gained from our meetings in Recipes for the future. Including opportunities and challenges we have identified, good examples, possible task divisions and the most important dos and don’ts.
- All participants share the responsibility for this document. One thing is clear; with these concrete tools there is no excuse for meeting once and leaving it at that. Action!
- Our writers and graphic designers ensure the creation of a carefully written document with a well organised design. Everyone who participated in the process, is sent a copy by mail.